Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween or a bad mom?







We went to our wards trunck or treat the other day. This included a chili cook off, games and then the trunck or treat. After arriving at 6:30, Adlen ran around for a bit to see the other costumes, and then we played games. I must admit that I was bored after an hour, so we left, without trick or treating. I was really looking forward to her trick or treating, however she had already won a plate of cookies, two suckers and a new toy. So I weighed my options, stick it out for about another hour so she can get even more candy, or take her home, let her have more dinner and put her to bed with a full (healthy) stomach and a bath. I chose the bed time. Call me a bad mother for not letting her be a kid and have a trick or treating experience but given that we have another day of Halloween, I thought it would be ok...this time!

2 comments:

The Cingolani's said...

This is too funny! I probably would have done the same thing you did! Are you taking her trick or treating tomorrow? Her costume is cute!

Kim said...

You are a HORRIBLE mom!! Just kidding!! We have 2 trunk or treats tomorrow, so I am thinking of regiving my kids candy at the second one! Does that make me a bad mom? Happy Halloween!
Kim