Thursday, October 30, 2008

Diaper in Question




This evening we did bath time fairly early and while Adlen was taking her bath I decided to take a shower, you know maximize my time. I had just gotten out when Adlen came running into my room and Justin asked if I could check her diaper. I had just put lotion on my hands and said I could in a few minutes. Well a few minutes did go by and I was finally ready to tackle the project at hand. She had been playing in our guest bedroom so I walk in there and say "Adlen can I please change your diaper"? She looked at me with a silly smile and shook her head no. Not an uncommon response so I ask again. Same thing, no. So I proceed now to take matters into my own hands. I go to grab her and lift up her night shirt and discover there is no diaper on her bottom. I pause for a second and then yell to Justin "she's not wearing her diaper" I begin to think that some where poop is smeared into a wall, carpet, or a pair of my jeans I left on the floor (knowing my luck). Then Justin repeats "she's not wearing one"? And by now Adlen knows that we know and begins to get a little panicked on how we'll respond. Justin walks in and asks if her bottom has poop on it and we discover it has very little, so I grab my wipe really fast and wipe her. We try and calm her down and ask "Adlen where is your diaper? Can you show mommy and daddy where it is"? She's really nervous now wondering how it's all going to go down and she just repeats "no, no, no", while she is walking towards the bathroom, so we pick up on it and Justin walks in to find a diaper in the trash (this is her chore when we change her diaper to go and put it in the trash) with only one side of the sticky part detached (this is how she takes it off, she'll detach one side and let it fall).


We couldn't help but giggle and thank her for being so helpful and remind her next time to tell mommy or daddy (as we proceeded to put a new diaper on)

1 comment:

The Cingolani's said...

I love this! I was laughing so hard while I was reading it! Oh the things they think of!!!