Tuesday, March 9, 2010

2

This number seems to be ever present in my life. To give you a recap:
I have 2 children
I have 2 jobs
I have 2 callings
And now to add to the list I have 2 warrants out for my arrest. If you recall back in September our dog got out a few times and our animal right activist neighbor called animal control, which lead to 2 citations. To resolve animal control citations you have go to court to resolve it. Well one was for December 29th, which I knew I couldn't be at because we would be in Hawaii. So, on the 24th I went down town to change my date and the woman who was helping me looked for my citations and couldn't find them in the system, she looked by my name, citation number, and my social security number and found nothing. So she said they were probably thrown out and I went on with my life. Since then I decided to volunteer at the Boys and Girls club and part of being a volunteer you need to be finger printed. So last week at 8 am I marched in there to get my finger prints but was told they couldn't issue my finger prints because I have two warrants for my arrest. I was livid!
So my name is Katie and I'm a criminal
PS- I contacted my lawyer to have the warrants removed but I'm still waiting for my court date to explain that apparently I can't trust the clerks at the court house.

1 comment:

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

That is a cute little venting story. lol I totally understand the frustrations of the court system. Good luck, and I hope all goes better in the near future.