Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I don't...

I don't cook, Justin does so for lunch my kids usually get things from cans, spaghettio's, mac and cheese, I just recently made grilled cheese sandwiches and burned them, I can't even do cookies from a package right
I don't read in my spare time (even in Hawaii when I had time to sit around, I didn't read, although I enjoy it)
I don't sweep, I vacuum my kitchen and bathrooms
I don't dust, usually every 3 months or so I will
I don't take my kids to do fun things during the day, we only have one car and its not worth waking them up so we can take Justin to work. But since he gets home at 3:30 we usually have time for something fun
I don't regulate how much TV they watch
I don't have "reading time", if we get reading done sometime during the day, I'm happy
I don't make my bed every morning
I don't shower everyday
I don't get my kids dressed everyday and sometimes its not until 3 on other days

The other day I was chatting with some other moms and thought to myself "oh I'm not the only one" so I thought I'd write about all the things I don't do, to give hope to others!

4 comments:

Devan said...

I also don't shower every day, or make beds, or regulate TV.
I also don't pick up my kids sometimes when they cry, or change their diapers right away, and sometimes I wear the same clothes I wore the day before and I don't care one bit about that.
I think most Moms are that way.
You are a great Mom. I loved this post. I might have to copy the idea.

The Cingolani's said...

I love this post. It just reminds me that as moms and wives we are still human and its ok if we don't do all these things! I think its a good reminder...thanks for the post!!

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

I love this! I know you have seen me in the morning, and late at night when I was a stay at home mom. I was never perfect all day, nor am I now and I have to go to an office everyday. This was so very refreshing to read because the memories of how often I did or did not do the same things you listed are treasured now. I do not shower everyday, dust every week, nor do I wear all the makeup I can put on my face. As long as my kids and I are happy that is all that mtters. I lov eyou Katie! Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

Atrena Holm said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad I'm not the only one! I share many of these same don'ts (if that's a word)