Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hawaii
















Ok, I have to admit it was hard getting into the Christmas spirit this year with our trip to Hawaii the day after. Our weeks before were really busy with Tysens 1st birthday, getting things ready, cleaning the house, oh yeah and Christmas. I think our tree was up for only a week. But we couldn't wait to get to Hawaii, we weren't bringing our kids, thanks to my brave family members, my brother Mark and his wife Jess, who have 3 kids of their own. They made many sacrifices so that we could go, they missed a family trip to Utah and on my sister laws very significant birthday, 30, plans I'm sure weren't as grand seeing how they had our kids that day. My kids are also 3 and 1, which isn't the easiest age, maybe when my kids are 7 and 9, can dress themselves, speak clearly, and go to the bathroom by themselves it wouldn't be as tough! But Justin and I had a great time doing all the honeymoon things you can do, we went snorkeling, swimming in lava tubes (which was a bit creepy, under ground and dark, and in water), slept in, got ready without having to worry about getting kids dressed, stayed out late, saw volcanoes, waterfalls, and sat by the pool or the beach, and of course, didn't share our bed with Adlen the entire week (which, you know what that means, Justins favorite part of the trip, but hey, it was a free activity)!

5 comments:

Ashley and Devan said...

Lol! Your last sentence cracked me up.
I am so glad you had an awesome time in Hawaii. The pictures are georgeous! How fun!

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

You look gorgeous! I am so glad you got to get a getaway!!! I enjoyed Hawaii when we were there this summer and it sounds like you guys had a lot of fun as well!!!

Hope you have a happy new year!

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

Looks like you had fun. I am so glad your family took the kiddos for you. I remember leaving my little ones for honeymoon-like trips when they were little, I think was harder on me to leave them and then come back. But, they always survived. Yoiu two look so happy! Have a great new year! Love you!

Jessica Steed said...

Great pics!
I'm really glad you had a good time. It makes all the work worth it.

(that and knowing that you'll repay us so we can celebrate our 10th anniversary this year)

But, seriously, it's good to get to know your kids. We love them.

Anonymous said...

I love your pictures! You two look like a couple of honeymooners! So happy that you had that time together. Cherished moments! And Katie your last line cracked me up too! R rated blog .. haha. :) Happy New Year to your beautiful family!!