Wednesday, March 4, 2009

what makes you feel beautiful


I just recently got my glamour magazine in the mail in which they are celebrating their 70th anniversary. It goes through the last 70 years of beauty, fashion and what has always stayed the same (red lips and pink nails are a classic). It asks "what makes you beautiful?" and after thinking about it, I came up with my own list. There are the usual, when I eat right, exercise, buy a new outfit, drink water, get enough sleep, using nice products on my hair and skin. But then I thought a little deeper and I feel beautiful when my marriage is happy (which is most of the time) and my kids are behaving (mostly Adlen). But what struck me as being a little odd for a source of beauty was I feel beautiful when I'm organized. I feel in control and on top of it. I feel beautiful when I've made the beds, played with Adlen and have read to her. When I've done the laundry and the dishes, and had time to get dressed (with a shower).

I feel beautiful when I do things for my family and for others!

So ladies, I want to know what makes you feel beautiful?

1 comment:

Ashley and Devan said...

Pretty much the same things that make you feel beautiful make me feel beautiful too. I don't feel good unless my house is clean and I've spent time with my kids. A great pair of jeans is always an essential too.