Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Lesson in Love


Today has been a tough day with Adlen. She was up at about 6:40 and from about 8 till 12, when she took her nap, it was one tantrum after another. Crying over not going for a walk, changing her diaper and trying to get her dressed. Then she woke up (about an hour and half later) and followed with another string of tantrums, wanting to play on the balcony and then not wanting to play on it and not wanting to eat her lunch and still, trying to get her dressed and another diaper change. I found my self loosing it, to the point that I was yelling at her and being mean to her. Finally around 3:15, after an hour or so of this, she sat on my lap and cried, and I followed thinking to myself that I just need to get it together. I held Adlen and told her that I was sorry for yelling and that I loved her, she then looked at me and wiped my tear off my cheek.

1 comment:

The Hill's said...

It is so tough when they are having a hard day. Don't think you are doing anything wrong we've all been there or will have those days. It's always so hard when they have tantrums. I think you are an amazing mom. Everytime I see you with Adlen I'm impressed and I want to be a better mom because of how good you are. I always think of this scripture when I'm having a hard day, Luke 1:37 "For with God, nothing shall be impossible." Maybe if you and Adlen say a prayer together it might help turn the mood around and it's a good lesson for her to pray :)