Monday, November 10, 2008

Family weekend

Ashley, Jake, Jaden, Justin, me, Adlen, Talin and Grandma (Julie)

Time with grandkids

me, Adlen, my brothers wife, Jessica, and her sister Cami

Adlen, Talin and Jaden

This weekend was my baby shower for Tysen. I was really looking forward to it and what was really exciting was that Jake and Ashley from Utah decided to come, a last minute choice for them. They got in Thursday night and the cousins played, while parents did damage control. On Friday Julie came to town and we hung out and Justin made a great lettuce wrap meal (thanks honey). Saturday the girls did some last minute shower shopping getting home in time for us to clean up the house and put the food on the table. I had gone upstairs to lay Adlen down for her nap and about 30 minutes before the shower, I went downstairs to try and help, and in my surprise there was my sister in law (and her sister Cami) from Arizona! I didn't know she was coming in town and like any pregnant woman who experiences emotion during her nine months, I cried. I was so happy that both Ashley and Jessica drove so far to come. We had a fun time at the shower, Julie who hosted, planned really fun games and many of my new friends here in Vegas made it. Then we all went to the strip to hang out and on Sunday got everyone together for breakfast before Jessica and Cami left. Then the rest of us played at the park and met up with an old friend of Jake and Justin's before Jake and Ashley left.
I'd also like to say thank you to my brother Mark for taking on three kids by himself so Jessica could come.
I really felt blessed this weekend

2 comments:

The Hill's said...

We had so much fun with you guys! Thanks for letting us come and thanks for all you do for me and my family. We love you guys

The Cingolani's said...

I am glad that you had fun this weekend with your family. It is always a great thing to have so much support from family at a special time like this!