Sunday, November 30, 2008

An interesting Thanksgiving


A more traditional Thanksgiving

Because we at so late Julie was able to join us after eating at her sisters, and helped with Adlen while we were in the hospital






The morning started out fairly normal, the boys (Justin and his brother) woke up early for turkey bowl, and I stayed behind to start dinner (roast, since none of us are big turkey eaters, a few sides and of course, pie). Around two, when all the preparations were done I hopped in the shower to get cleaned up and when I got out something happened that made me question whether or not my water broke (I dikdn't have it break with Adlen so I wasn't sure). I called our nurse hot line and all the women I knew that might have recently had their water brake and inquired about what it feels like. After about 30 minutes debating whether to go to the hospital we thought it might not be a bad idea. We got to the hospital at about 3 and they hooked me up to the monitors and kept an eye on me and made sure everything was still in one piece, which it was. Then I started having contractions and after a little while of them being 4 minutes apart the nurse decided to give me an I V to help eliminate them and a shot. This took about another hour. So after two hours of being watched and poked at they sent me home. Once home the day picked up as normal, dinner and pie.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh My!! I am soo glad you are okay. Sometimes are little ones have minds of their own. Adlen looks so big in that picture with Julie. I am glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!

The Hill's said...

I'm glad everything turned out fine :)