Sunday, August 15, 2010

WOW

I can't believe how blessed my life has been. Justin and I have had our fair share of struggles but as we celebrate our 5 year anniversary, I'm glad those trials haven't been within our family. We've stressed over school or finances, what we want to be when we grow up and so on but one thing has always been the same, our relationship.
When I think about our little time together I can't help but think back to our whirlwind romance and how right we are for each other. Most people who date for 3 months and get married on a 10 day notice to friends and family don't survive. I've never once thought "maybe we should have dated longer", I've only always thought "we should have done this sooner". Many people have asked why so fast and I don't have one answer for them but more of trying to describe a feeling...home. When Justin and I met I felt like he was already my family and we had known each other forever. Anything that had to do with him was safe, and good for me and fun and exciting. He felt like my home. He is spontaneous and funny, kind, loving, handsome, hardworking and generous. Every quality that I would choose to have in someone, he is. And how lucky am i that not only did he want me but we were able to have to beautiful children together.
I can't describe what an amazing dad he is. He plays with them, hugs them, teaches them and laughs with them. One thing these kids will always know is that their dad loves them.
I can't wait for our next 5 years and see what it brings.

I made a little list of how things have changed and what is the same from our 1st year and now
Same:
I still love how he smells
he kisses me good morning before work, every morning (we added it up at least 1300 kisses )
we like to go on road trips
we laugh together all the time
we're always looking for something new to try and do or see
Different:
2 kids
we don't stay up late to play games (we do other things)
we've moved 4 times in our 5 years
I've finished school
Justin and I both have had different jobs, but I mostly stay home
we seem to talk about the kids when we're alone
date night is now McDonalds and a redbox (after the kids go to bed), its too expensive to pay a babysitter!

3 comments:

Amanda ~ A Crafty Fox said...

this makes me miss seeing you guys and reminds me how gorgeous your wedding was! do you have any trips to utah planned? we still have two spare rooms to share if you do!

The Kilpatrick Klan said...

I am so happy for you Katie! I know the struggles you had before you met Justin and I was there as much as I possibly could have been, because I was struggling myself. I love you and miss you so much and I would still love to see you and meet your beautiful family. You are happy and have wonderful children. Good for you!

Hill Family said...

thank you Amanda and Brook for so much love, I miss my Utah friends so much and one of these days I do need to come visit!