Thursday, August 12, 2010

whats new

Just a few updates

Today while Adlen and I made spaceships out of play-doh, I asked what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to go to school and kindergarten. Then I clarified, when she was my age what did she want to be. I threw out ideas like, work with animals, a doctor, a fireman, a laywer, a mom, a police officer...and so on. She then said those things are for boys (I hope she means police and fireman, not so much the mom thing), then after throwing out a few more thing we settled on she wants to do hair and make-up.

The big news...drum roll please...
we
are
excited
to annouce
we......
BOUGHT A CAR
(you thought something else, didn't you...if you know me and had those thougths, I now know you secretly hate me)
After 2 years of sharing a car, asking nieghbors and friends for rides, waking kids up at 5 to get Justin to work so that I could go to a meeting or doctors appointment and months of research and testing driving a dozen cars, we are excited about our 2006 Chrysler Pacifica. I love it! It was a perfect fit for us, 6 seats, in our price range and pretty decent milage (55,000). Its not the car I thought we would buy. I always thought of a more sporty suv but when I ran across this car and researched it, read reviews, I fell in love, and there were only 9 in Las Vegas, but 4 with the third row (a must for me this time). Anyway, I've had fun driving it and at night when everyone is sleeping, I sneak into the garage and sit in it.

Our 5 year is this Saturday, which I'll write more about later but I'm so excited about this mile stone and can't wait to start planning our next 5 years

Tysen is doing so well, he's all boy and loves to destroy and climb, some things he says are:
"oh man"
"shoo bug"
"shoes"
"there it is"
"milk"
"Addie"
"puppy"
"mommy"
"daddy"
"please"
"thank you"

Adlen is getting so excited about starting preschool this fall and is becoming more and more outgoing and loves to dance.

Work is going well for the both of us and we still manage to have a little time to ourselves. We are loving this moment in our lives!

No comments: