Saturday, May 23, 2009

An Update

I haven't really updated our blog on just the day to day stuff so first: Tysen started rolling over about a week and a half ago and he is really good at it now, but I can't figure out if he's more happy on his tummy, or back. I think he gets upset just because he can't keep up with Adlen. Second, Mothers Day was wonderful. I got breakfast in bed (Justin usually cooks dinner so I opted for this instead of dinner), with wonderful flowers, a dozen from him and a dozen from the kids. I also was spoiled with wonderful gifts and a fun treasure hunt. Then we spent the day together. I have to say that I feel blessed to have the family that I do, they make my job so easy that "mothers day" in some form or another is everyday for me. Whether its Adlen telling me "good job" or Justin helping with house work or even Tysen taking a long afternoon nap when Adlen does, when these things happen that I some how am still pampered on a regular basis. Third, we had Adlens birthday, which I wrote about and fourth and most recently I ran in a 4 mile race today. I haven't really been running much but this had obstacle courses through out which I thought would be fun and break up having to just run (since I was a sprinter in high school I'm not much for running long distances). I'm proud of myself for actually doing it. I'm proud that I didn't finish last and ran it under an hour, going into it I thought it would at least take me an hour and 15 minutes! I'm excited about doing something like this again and being in even better shape for it!

1 comment:

Jessica Steed said...

Congrats, Katie!

I'm happy that you finished the race, too! I don't think I could have done that. I'm not a runner.

I told Mark I'd rather have my eyeballs scooped out with spoons than run a marathon.

So glad we got to see your house last week. It's beautiful.