Friday, December 24, 2010

"Why are you giving this to me"

Yesterday while on my way to work I saw a little boy out on the side walk selling something. I rolled down my window and saw that it was candy, and asked how much it was and he said $1. I said ok I'll take two candy bars, then I asked him what he was selling this for, he then said to me "I'm just trying to buy presents for my brothers".

My heart just sank. I then gave him another $5, and went to work. When I went to lunch he was still out there, so knowing I had some gifts in my car for our kids I pulled over and pulled out the only "boy" item we had and I handed it to him, and he said "no its ok" but I insisted and then he asked "why are you giving this to me" I told him that everyone deserves Christmas.

I couldn't help but think about this the rest of my day and even after buying a gift card for that family I still feel like I didn't do enough.

I also thought about my Savior and how many times I make mistakes or fall short and I have even asked "why are you giving this to me", and I wonder if he would respond " because everyone deserves Salvation"

Merry Christmas

1 comment:

Taylor Tribute said...

Wow, that is a really moving experience. Merry Christmas Kates!